OPEN POSITIONS (as of January 10, 2024):
Litigation Associate (Employment & Civil Rights) - IMMEDIATE START (within 1-2 months)
We are hiring an Associate Attorney (RI/MA) to join our private public interest law practice! This is not your typical law firm. ODU Law Firm was founded 3 years ago, in the middle of a global pandemic. The goal? To create a new and modern law firm in the New England area where clients receive the personal experience of a smaller firm while still getting BIG results. We utilize legal research technology, including AI-driven products, to maximize outcomes. While we are productive, we have fun and everyone is treated professionally with compassion and respect. Do we dress super casual at work? Sometimes. Do we still get amazing results? Just check out our 5-star Google reviews.
Layi Oduyingbo, Esq., also known as Attorney Odu, is the firm's managing attorney and has utilized the power of networking and social media to quickly grow the business. As an underrepresented minority in the legal sector, he knows what it takes to advocate for individual workers and injured plaintiffs who are often overlooked. Born and raised in the Ocean State, Layi earned his business degree from Providence College and law degree from Roger Williams University School of Law. Layi left an in-house corporate counsel position at a Fortune 500 global company to pursue his dream of opening a new law firm.
As an Associate Attorney at our firm, the selected candidate will:
- Individually manage a caseload of multiple clients;
- Manage clients' expectations and provide timely updates;
- Independently problem solve as well as work collaboratively with the team to find solutions;
- Draft legal documents, including letters of legal representation, demands, charges of discrimination, rebuttal statements, complaints, motions, and discovery documents;
- Assist with client communications and other correspondence;
- Assist with ongoing development of firm wide systems, templates, and supporting legal research;
- Assist firm's senior attorneys on assignments, as needed.
We consistently offer:
- Bonuses & commissions
- Salary increases
- Medical benefits
- Opportunities for personal and career growth
- Family-friendly, extremely flexible office schedule
The ideal candidate will have a team and growth mindset, embrace the aspects of a small modern law firm, and have a desire to help those who are underrepresented and in need of zealous advocates.
The selected candidate will primarily work on Employment & Civil Rights cases. Overall, our firm's practice areas are Employment Law and Personal Injury. We sue bad employers, and we help individuals in their fight against big insurance companies.
Salary Range: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00. We are looking for an individual with 1 to 3 years of professional legal experience. We are willing to train the right candidate. Litigation and/or clerkship experience and a desire to help those in need are a significant plus. If this sounds like a great fit, APPLY TODAY!
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us directly by emailing [email protected]. This posting is for someone who can start full-time employment immediately (i.e., within 1-2 months of accepting an offer). No recruiters, please.